In order to transfer shares, some of the paperwork will need to be notarized, as they are legal documents. Please complete and return to this office, the following items:
To be completed by giver:
- Notarized inter vivos transferal of shares form.
- Request for replacement of stock certificate form. This form has to be completed in order to void the existing stock certificate.
To be provided by the recipient(s), if the recipient(s) is an adult:
- Completed acceptance of the gift of stock form
- Completed and notarized affidavit of identity
- Copy of BIA or tribal ID
- Copy of birth certificate
To be provided by the custodian of the recipient(s), if the recipient(s) is a minor:
- Completed and notarized acceptance of custodianship form
- Completed and notarized affidavit of child identity form
- Completed and notarized acceptance of gift of stock form
- Copy of BIA or Tribal ID
- Copy of Birth Certificate
If either the giver of the recipient is an adult who is unable to speak for him or herself, a legal guardian is required to submit documentation of guardianship.
Once we receive all necessary paperwork from you, we will transfer the shares. When this is complete, we will issue both the giver and the recipient(s) new certificates with the new number of shares.
When you receive your original stock certificate, you will have the option of signing it and returning it to the office for safe-keeping. We strongly urge you to fill out the back of your original stock certificate. This is your will and designates who your stock shares will go to in the event of your death.Please let us know if you have any questions.